Sunday, January 31, 2010

Busy Nothings...




One of my favorite Jane Austen quotes from the book "Mansfield Park" is "Life seems but a quick succession of busy nothings". My life feels like that sometimes. Homework. Work. School. But when I really think about it, without Christ these would be busy nothings. With Christ, they are busy somethings - They bring glory to God, as long as I'm walking by His Spirit and not according to the flesh. It never ceases to amaze me as I walk around school and look at my fellow peers and the empty lives they live. It's sad. It's heart breaking the wasted lives that surround me when I know the truth. I ask myself, "Do they know the Truth? They don't live like it." I recently listened to a MacArthur sermon and he brought up an old puritan, whose name escapes my full brain, and he made a covenant with God not to hold any form of conversation that does not bring God glory, so evangelism was in his every thought and conversation with the various people around him! Wow. I yearn for the day I will be able to speak out with boldness and proclaim the Truths of the Gospel. It breaks my heart that I'm not as strong as I want to be. I bring up the subject that I go to church, do missions, yadda, yadda. But what does that say to the world? Nothing as far as they are concerned. To them, it's just stuff I do. They don't really know who I am or who Christ is in me. That all to say that I want to live out this next week to bring all Glory to God. No matter what I do and no matter what others say about me. I pray that I may take a bold stand and proclaim to the lost souls around me that they are damned to hell if they do not repent of their sins and believe in the true Redeemer of all. The creator of the world. So as I go out this week, life will seem to be a quick succession of busy glorifying the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment